Application Deadline: 2 October 2023.
AVAC is thrilled to invite applications for the 2024 Advocacy Fellows Program. Fellows accepted into the program, will mark the 13th cohort of this program.
AVAC’s Advocacy Fellows Program expands and strengthens the capacity of civil society advocates and organizations to monitor, support and help shape HIV prevention research and rapid rollout of new effective interventions in low- and middle-income countries facing substantial HIV burdens.
The program provides intensive support to emerging and mid-career advocates to execute advocacy projects addressing locally identified gaps and priorities. Fellows receive comprehensive training, financial backing, and technical assistance to strategize and execute a targeted 18-month project hosted by an organization within their country.
- Emerging or mid-career community leaders and advocates who want to advance their advocacy skills and advocate for HIV, SRHR, STI, TB, and pandemic prevention and preparedness.
- Individuals with experience or education in HIV or public health, or in advocacy for key populations (e.g., sex workers, LGBTQIA+ individuals, pregnant individuals, people who use drugs) or for social and economic justice.
- Based in low- and middle-income countries with substantial HIV burdens and ongoing HIV prevention research or introduction of new interventions.
- Please note that for 2024 fellowships, priority focus lies in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Download application materials here.
- Join one of two informational conference calls to learn more about the program. Visit www.timeanddate.com to confirm the time in your timezone):
- Applications are due by 2 October 2023.
For More Information: