Application Deadline: 13th May 2019
The Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) is hosting its third Growth Accelerator Programme, sponsored by Nedbank.
AWIEF is looking for ambitious, innovative and committed growth-stage South African women entrepreneurs,who are seeking support to grow and scale their businesses.
The AWIEF Growth Accelerator Programme 2019 is a unique capacity building programme focused on developing financial and entrepreneurship skills to assist South African women entrepreneurs with access to funding and markets.
The programme will run for 3 months and culminate at the 2019 AWIEF Conference, Exhibition and Awards event taking place on 29 – 30 October 2019 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC).
Pitch n Grow Competition: 8 Successful entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their business to an audience of investors, business leaders and corporate decision-makers at the 2019 AWIEF Conference.
Business Linkages and Investment Readiness
Access to finance is the most cited challenge to the growth of women-owned businesses in Africa. Bankability and investment readiness are major impediments to attracting business finance.
This is a three month programme designed to support participants with the business modelling and growth strategy required to scale their enterprises, become investment ready and develop entrepreneurial leadership. The programme will cover:
- Financial modelling
- Target market, competitive landscape and value proposition
- Design framework thinking
- Access to finance
- Access to markets
- Growth strategy
- Financing for scale
- Pitch training
Businesses must be:
- in a post-revenue phase;
- scalable and innovative ventures;
- in operation for not less than three years;
- owned or led by ambitious and committed women entrepreneurs; and
- seeking investment or funding to grow
- Dates: Commences in July 2019 and culminates at the Pitch n Grow session at the AWIEF Conference and Awards on 29 and 30 October 2019
- Location: Cape Town/Johannesburg/Durban
- Participation is free
- Training: 3 x 2-3 day sessions in July, August and September 2019
For More Information: