Application Deadline: May 30th 2017
Digital Opportunity Trust Kenya invites you to apply for the 2017 Youth Leadership Program.
DOTKenya are looking for 10 extraordinary young people 35 years and below, from Western/Nyanza, Central, Nairobi, Coast and Rift Valley regions. They should have a proven/demonstrable commitment to community engagement and a knack for social innovation to positively impact their respective communities.
Successful applicants will be part of our Startup! Track under the Community Leaders strem. The StartUp! Community Leader will be actively involved in establishing their social enterprise as well as coaching community members to develop enterprises.
The Prospective Community Leader should;
- Be a university graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business
- Have experience and knowledge in running a business.
- Upload a written pitch of your social enterprise idea that should not be more than 300 words
- A good understanding of trends, innovations and challenges affecting their communities
- Creative/innovative – able to develop new and unique ways to improve the way young people view and do business;
- Demonstrated ability to create business networks and linkages;
- Be a resident of one the above listed Counties/ willing to be deployed in any of the listed counties;
- Have ability/passion to coach peers;
- Have a good understanding of youth and gender issues;
- Community mobilization and capacity building skills;
- Be technology savvy;
- Be prepared to work in a fast – paced team environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills, proactive, initiative and a team player;
- Willing to undergo free intensive training;
- Full-time engagement; you will be directly training community participants and establishing a social enterprise over a one-year period
- Continuous learning and coaching opportunities to ensure you ideate, prototype and establish a social enterprise during the engagement period.
- Monetary support on establishing your social enterprise. This shall be provided at the successful completion of different milestones in your social enterprise journey
- A monthly allowance of KES. 15,000
- A chance to compete for and be one of the 7 winners sharing a Start-Up fund kitty of KES. 1,400,000 at the end of the engagement period.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, test, iterate and implement a social enterprise project during the period of engagement;
- Facilitate DOT entrepreneurship programming to youth & women interested in starting businesses
- Conduct business coaching for program beneficiaries and make regular follow ups;
- Facilitate linkages between program participants and various business value chains.
- Administer monitoring & evaluation tools and supervise correct data gathering from the participants & community based hosting partners;
- Take responsibility in scheduling training dates, time and venue for program participants;
- Prepare and present field reports to the respective supervisors;
- Regularly share blogs and field stories on the DOT intranet;
- To apply for this opportunity, complete the form below. Deadline for submissions is May 30th 2017
- For enquiries on the application process, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: