Application Deadline: Sunday May 21st 2017
UNESCO Regional ESD FLAGSHIP training program dates: 1-3rd of August 2017
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Travel sponsorship: The travel and accommodation expenses for selected participants will be covered by UNESCO for the duration of the workshop.
Organizers: UNESCO Beirut office, “Organisation De Development Durable” ngo (ODDD, GAP on ESD PN4)
The ´Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Leadership Training´ is a project of the Global Action Programme on ESD. As a follow-up to the UN Decade on ESD (2005-2014), UNESCO launched the Global Action Programme (GAP) on ESD which focuses on generating and scaling up ESD action at all levels and in all areas of education and in all sustainable development sectors. The GAP has five Action Areas, one of which is dedicated to mobilizing and engaging youth who are recognized as key to the success of the GAP.
Designed for young people from the Arab region aged 18-35 who are active leaders in sustainable development in their communities and regions, this training seeks to:
1. Empower youth leaders to inspire and mobilize others to take action towards building more sustainable, just and resilient communities
2. Build a youth-led ESD network for exchange and collaboration*
Who can apply?
To be eligible for participation in the Training Course, you must:
- Be between 18-35 years of age as of (date of application deadline).
- Have demonstrated active engagement in ESD as an educator, trainer, member of a non-governmental organization, private sector professional, policy maker, researcher, or in any other relevant capacity.
- Have a good command of English, and be able to actively participate in all the sessions.
- Be able to attend the full program of the Training Course, including the 3-day (August 1-3rd 2017), in-person training and the pre and post online sessions.
- Wish to meet and collaborate with other ESD youth leaders from around the world.
- Have success stories or innovative initiatives to share, and wishing to contribute to the global conversation on ESD.
- Be a founder or member of youth network.
- Be committed to mobilize at least 5 youth peers in their community within 1 year after participating in the Workshop for ESD Youth Leaders and empower them to be actively engaged with ESD activities.
- Be interested in being invited to participate as ESD youth representative in conferences, seminars and workshops around the world.
- Be willing to engage with making a report on their activities at 6 months and 1 year after the workshop.
- be from one of the countries of the Arab region. Check the following ref: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/unesco/worldwide/arab-states
How to apply
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Application form: Please complete the Application Form in English.
Download the Application Form sent by the organizers
- Recommendation letter: A letter from a head or officer of an ESD/youth-related organization or institution stating the applicant’s engagement and relevant competency in ESD. The letter must be no longer than one page, written in English, and include contact information of the signatory.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
Please submit your application by email (attaching the application form, your CV and the recommendation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Sunday May 21st 2017
Participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Age: between 18 and 35 years old
- Experience: engagement and expertise in ESD
- Leadership: demonstrated leadership in their field, particularly among youth.
- Motivation: willingness and ability to actively take part in the training sessions, and share their learning with a wider community of youth.
- Commitment: integrity and commitment to advance ESD and contribute to the global youth network
* Geographic, gender, age balance, and field, sector diversity will be considered.
Selection results will be sent out to all applicants by Wednesday May 31st 2017
The travel and accommodation expenses for selected participants will be covered by UNESCO for the duration of the workshop
UNESCO ESD Youth Network
Selected applicants who successfully complete the Training Course will be eligible to apply for membership in the UNESCO ESD Youth Network.
The Youth Network will serve as platform for the UNESCO ESD Youth leaders to:
- be invited to participate as ESD youth representative in conferences, seminars and workshops around the world.
- Find mentors from the large variety of members of five GAP partner networks to get advice or support for the needs of ESD Youth leaders.
- be invited as mentor/facilitator of training workshops for ESD Youth Leaders around the world.
- Share information with other ESD Youth leaders around the world to help each other and collaborate on joint projects etc.
If you have any questions about the application procedure,
please contact email@example.com
For More Information: