If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee. If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
Other member states of the African Union
- 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2017-18 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table above
- These scholarships will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University.
- If you intermit from your course, you may, with the agreement of your department and at the discretion of the Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment, be entitled to a pro-rata payment of the remainder of your award on your return to study.
- Please contact the Funding Team for further information
How to apply
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 30 September 2017 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship.
- All our relevant course applications, received by the given deadline, will automatically be considered for this scholarship and a fee discount applied to all who meet our grade requirements.
- You’ll be notified of your award at the point when your place at Essex is confirmed, and by the end of October 2017.
- You don’t need to complete an application form.
For More Information: