Application Deadline: April 29, 2022.
Over the last four years, Global Citizen and BeyGOOD have been helping to enrich young lives through the Africa-based fellowship program. The Global Citizen Fellowship Program is funded by Tyler Perry through BeyGOOD. BeyGOOD, a division of Parkwood Entertainment, is a Global Citizen partner
Launched in 2019, following the success of commitments made at the Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 in December 2018, the fellowship is focused on Global Citizen’s vision of eliminating extreme poverty through providing young people with opportunities to gain experience working on social impact projects.
For this year’s fellowship program, Global Citizen will be accepting five fellows from each country to be part of the year-long experience. Each will be provided with the skills and resources needed to help them secure work beyond their time with Global Citizen.
- If you’re based in Kenya, South Africa, or Nigeria and you’re between the ages of 21 and 25 with a matric or secondary school certificate, you can apply to be part of the fellowship.
- The program will be running from July 19, 2022, until June 30, 2023.
- Applicants must be able to house themselves in Johannesburg or Lagos for the duration of the program.
- Kenyan applicants can be based anywhere in the country, and will participate virtually.
How to Apply
Send us a two- to three-minute video answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on, and why?
If you prefer writing, you can send us a 500- to 700-word essay answering the same questions.
Email your application to [email protected] and include a copy of your ID or passport. You can also send your application using WhatsApp by sending it to +27 64 936 3570.
For More Information: