Application Deadline: January 9th 2019
The aim of the Jobs for Youth: Migration and Employment Promotion Project is to provide young Ghanaians with holistic learning and development opportunities to create jobs for themselves and others leveraging on their core skills and the local economic opportunities. The project is funded by GIZ and is managed by the British Council.
The project is targeted at Ghanaians who are
- Between 18 – 35 years
- Entrepreneurs/interested in entrepreneurship
- Returnee migrants
- Young women
- Out of school youth
- Under-represented individuals within urban districts of Accra, Kumasi and Sunyani
The project is in 3 stages
3200 Successful applicants will receive; 5-day short term entrepreneurship training
400 start-ups of entrepreneurs who have successfully completed stage 1 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive; 4 months business Incubation services
90 businesses of entrepreneurs who have successfully completed stage 2 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive; 3 months business acceleration services
Applicants must therefore be committed to the programme and its duration of 9 months.
- Application Deadline: 09 January 2019
- In-person Interviews: 14 – 18 January 2019
- Programme Duration: 21 January 2019 – 30 September 2019
Criteria for participation
- Must be aged between 18 – 35 years.
- Must be Ghanaian
- Entrepreneurial edge: Must be self-driven, resilient, committed and coachable
- Must be committed to the programme and its duration of 9 months.
* Under-represented groups are encouraged to apply; youth (especially females) within urban districts of Accra, Kumasi and Sunyani (communities with high risk of migration); out of school youth with an entrepreneurial edge.
- Personal statement – maximum 500 words covering the following:
- Why you want to be an entrepreneur?
- Why you think your business idea/ business will be successful?
- What benefit you hope this programme will provide your business idea/ business?
2. A copy of a valid ID
All applications will be received online. Access the application form here
Applications will be examined in accordance with the applicable criteria as stipulated in the criteria for participation. Correspondence will only be made with shortlisted persons.
Applications should be submitted no later than 09 January 2019 online.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview within their regions within a week of the closing date.
PLEASE NOTE: NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.