Application Deadline: July 20th 2020
The Project Kuongoza is a Mentorship and Fellowship program that empowers women and girls across Middle East, South Asia and Africa to lead andbecome more experienced for Africa’s workforce in STEM. This solution is a first-to-market initiative that pairs young girls aged 15 – 25 to Professional women Mentors in STEM where we build a society that guarantees equal access to socio-economic, equitable opportunities, help young girls access new markets, work flexibly and integrate these learned skills – after they are virtually mentored.
- Are you between the age of 15 -25 years old?
- Are you from Africa, Middle East and Asia?
- Do you have a background in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics? Or are you looking at transitioning into Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics?
- Able to commit for one year?
- Proficient in English (at an intermediate level or above)?
- Able to meet with your Mentor online at least two hours a month (using video calling platforms)?
- Willing to complete feedback questionnaires an surveys during the programme?
- Able to access the internet and send emails to your Mentor every week?
- Passionate about working with a Mentor to build your skills and confidence, and achieve key learning objectives?
- Keen to contribute to an international community of Women in STEM?
- Open to intercultural exchange and learning?
- Keen to participate in our online community, forums and events?
- Ready to embark on a life-changing relationship and join a vibrant mentoring community?
- To be paired with Professional Women in STEM.
- Free membership to the STEMi Women Network.
- Access to scholarship funding and research programs.
- Professional Support and increase in self-confidence, effective communication skills, access to global job markets and enhanced leadership qualities that’ll be most beneficial throughout your careers
For More Information: