Application Deadline: January 17, 2017, 13.00 GMT.
The 2017 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society.
The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
To date, the WISE Awards have recognized 48 projects for their innovative, transformative impact. Explore the growing network of WISE Awards winning projects and learn more about these outstanding initiatives.
Year by year, WISE is building a community of educational innovators which offers a fertile environment for groundbreaking collaborations. Today the WISE Awards network comprises pioneering projects that are helping bring real change to societies and communities.
- The 2017 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
- Existing education projects run by any type of organization1 in any education sector2 and from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
- Applications can only be for original works and original projects, and must be submitted by a project representative working within the project. All applicants must therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and cannot hold QATAR
1 Colleges, universities, academic networks, schools’ consortia, civil society, and community organizations, governments, international agencies, and private-sector companies working in the field of education.
2 Pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, further and higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, distance-based, non-formal, and lifelong learning.
Type of Projects:
The WISE Awards recognize successful, innovative educational projects that have already
demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities, and society. These
projects are models of excellence and practice that serve as an inspiration for others to
improve education through innovation and creative action.
The ideal project would be an on-going, innovative and successful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan for the project’s future objectives and development
- Is scalable and replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
o Its innovation;
o Its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
o The type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
The deadline for all submissions is January 17, 2017, 13.00 GMT.
- The Pre-Jury will then review all eligible applications.
- The shortlisted projects (15 Finalists) will be contacted in April 2017.
- The WISE film team may visit the 15 Finalists on site
- An independent, on site Innovation Assessment will be conducted for all finalist projects
between May and June 2017.
- Following the assessments, WISE will officially announce the 15 Finalists in June 2017
- The Jury will review the 15 Finalists in August 2017
- WISE will announce the six winning projects in September 2017
- Winning projects will be officially recognized at the 2017 WISE Summit in Doha, in 14-16 November 2017.
For More Information: