Application Deadline: 13.00 GMT January 15, 2016.
Each year, the WISE Awards recognize and promote six successful innovative projects that are addressing global educational challenges. Since 2009, WISE has received more than 2,850 applications from over 150 countries.
The 2016 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire change in education.
Representatives of projects are invited to submit applications to demonstrate the nature and reach of their activities. Nominations of projects are also invited. Past winning projects have addressed a wide range of concerns and pursuits, including access to quality education, life-long learning opportunities, and the use of technology.
Today, 42 projects have been awarded, from a wide variety of sectors and locations for their innovative character, their positive contribution and their potential for scalability and adaptability. These projects represent a growing resource of expertise and sound educational practice.
Year by year, WISE is building a community of educational innovators which offers a fertile environment for groundbreaking collaborations. Today the WISE Awards network comprises pioneering projects that are helping bring real change to societies and communities.
- Applications can only be for original works and original projects and must be submitted by a project representative working within the project.
- All applicants must therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and can not hold QATAR FOUNDATION liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
- Nominations can be submitted by persons outside the organization running the project.
- Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form; this information will be kept confidential by QATAR FOUNDATION.
- Nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best complete the nomination form
- Project representatives from any region, educational sector or level may submit applications which demonstrate the quality and impact of their activities in accordance with the criteria.
- Following this global annual call for applications, a Pre-Jury composed of education experts assesses the submissions to select the Finalists.
- Following this, a Jury bringing together leading personalities from the education world chooses the six Award winning projects. Winners receive global visibility along with a prize of $20,000 (US) and are honored at the annual WISE Summit.
Members of the WISE Awards network gain global visibility and are given an opportunity to collaborate through various platforms:
WISE Communications: Projects recognized by WISE are featured on the website, showcased and shared with the WISE community via social media. WISE media partner Euronews also promotes the Award-winning projects on the weekly television magazine Learning World.
Multimedia productions: Special documentaries and videos are produced to showcase the work of the winning projects.
The Annual Summit: Representatives from Award winning projects are also given the opportunity to present and discuss their work at a dedicated Summit session during the annual WISE Summit in Doha, Qatar. In addition, projects are offered an opportunity to participate in global events organized in collaboration with WISE.
- The deadline for submission of applications is January 15, 2016, 13.00 GMT.
- The Pre-Jury will then review all eligible applications.
- The shortlisted 15 Finalist Projects will be announced in April 2016.
- The 15 Finalists may be visited onsite by the WISE film team.
- An independent Innovation Assessment will be organized, as described below.
- The Jury will review all the 15 Finalists and the evaluations conducted onsite.
For More Information: