Application Deadline: June 8th 2015 – First Round
August 17th 2015 – Second Round Application Deadline
Connecting Continents, a pilot project by Journalismfund.eu in collaboration with Oxfam Novib, provides €100,000 for working grants for Sub-Saharan African journalists collaborating with European colleagues or vice versa.
In order to safeguard the independence of participating journalists and media, Journalismfund.eu operates as a firewall between Oxfam Novib, which provides the money for the grants, and the journalists who receive it. Journalismfund.eu has year-long experience with similar types of funding through its European cross-border and its Flemish Fonds Pascal Decroos working grant programmes.
- Only intercontinental journalist teams consisting of at least one Sub-Saharan African and one European journalist are eligible to apply. Preference goes teams of which the African member(s) is/are working in DR Congo, Uganda, Nigeria or Mozambique, although others are also eligible.
- In order to be eligible for application, the teams have to ensure that their story will be published in at least one African and one European country.
- Therefore, during the application procedure they will be asked to upload letters of intent for publication from at least one African and one European news platform.
- Focus should be on financial flows and/or governance.
Be prepared to answer questions such as:
- What is the core conflict of the story?
- What is your working hypothesis?
- Who are the main actors?
- What is your research plan; how do you plan to document your hypothesis?
You can save your application at any time (once you’ve filled in or checked the obligatory fields) and return to it at any time until the deadline.
!! Make sure you’ve completed all the fields and uploaded all necessary documents before the deadline. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR APPLICATION AFTER THE DEADLINE !!
There will be two application rounds for the pilot project, one on June 8th and one mid-August. Underneath a(n approximate) timeline:
- May 22 — application module online
- June 8th — DEADLINE of the first application round at 11.59 pm Brussels time
- Appr. June 30th — first jury meeting
- Appr. August 17th — DEADLINE of the second application round
- Appr. September 15th — second jury meeting
For More Information: