Application Deadline: February 7th 2017
In 2017, ONE will roll out the ONE Champions Program. This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 50 young leaders who will Champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal level in Nigeria.
ONE advocates and campaigns on education, gender, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty. In 2016, 20 Champions were recruited and trained and have been instrumental in driving ONE’s health campaign in Nigeria. These champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
This is a fantastic opportunity to impact your community, country and the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven ONE members in an incredible, supportive environment. Champions will receive training on how to campaign, lobby decision-makers and talk to the media. You will have the opportunity to attend ONE events and put your skills into practice in meetings with high-level decision makers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Support the ONE Africa Team to deliver successful campaigns in Nigeria
- Help to plan and deliver campaigns actionsstunts, awareness and member-recruitment activities
- Helping ONE and partners identify strategic personalities to lobby decision makers in target constituencies
- Keep ONE informed on key developments in Nigeria as well as support in developing content
- Support ONE to identify strategic dates, activities which would increase the impact of campaigns
- Support ONE events, social media activities and other fun actions which ONE will undertake
- Assist in the mobilization of members in Nigeria
- Support other ONE members globally
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives
- A fantastic opportunity and network to make a huge impact in your community and the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment.
- Trainings on campaigns and advocacy
- Gain experience in this field of work
- Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation
- Exposure and Represent ONE at conferences
How to Apply:
- Please submit an application, CV and cover letter illustrating why you would be ideal for this program and some of the activities you have conducted in line with ending poverty to [email protected].
- Use the subject line ONE Champions 2017.
- The deadline for applications is 7 February 2017
For More Information: