Application Deadline: 13:00 GMT, January 15, 2019
The 2019 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
Representatives of projects are invited to submit applications to demonstrate the nature and reach of their activities. Nominations of projects are also invited. Past winning projects have addressed a wide range of concerns and pursuits, including access to quality education, life-long learning opportunities, early childhood education, employment, civic education and education in emergency contexts.
To date, the WISE Awards have recognized 60 projects for their innovative, transformative impact. Explore the growing network of WISE Awards winning projects and learn more about these outstanding initiatives.
It is possible to apply for a WISE Awards on behalf of your own project, or to nominate another project for the WISE Award.
In order for the application/nomination form to be eligible, your submission must:
– Be entered into the official form on the online system (curriculum vita or other forms of documents will not be considered)
– Be complete and accurate
– Be submitted in English
– Be submitted online by the official deadline at http://www.programs.wise.org.qa
– In the case of an application, the form must include the contact details of two supporters (e.g. former donors, local governments, other NGOs, etc.)
The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
– Has an excellent record of proven success
– Is financially sustainable
– Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
– Is scalable
– Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
– Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
o its innovative nature;
o its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
o the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
The selection process
- All applications and nominations should be completed on the official form in English. Eligible applications and nominations will be evaluated by a Pre-jury according to the guidelines.
- Twelve Finalists will be selected by Qatar Foundation; a Jury will make the final selection of six winning projects
|Submission period||November 6, 2018 – January 15, 2019|
|Announcement of Finalists||June, 2019|
|Announcement of winning projects||September, 2019|
For More Information: