Application Deadline: October 30, 2023
Climate mobility, climate-induced migration and forced displacement, is growing concern in Africa. Despite contributing less than 4% of global greenhouse gas emissions, Africa suffers disproportionately from the effects of climate change, including floods, droughts, landslides, and heatwaves.
Now, the ACMI Youth Forum and the Global Centre for Climate Mobility (GCCM) Solutions Lab are launching a call for applications for youth-led climate mobility solutions/projects from Africa to receive funding of up to $5,000 per project. With funding support from the Robert Bosch Stiftung this new funding arrangement for youth-led climate mobility solutions/projects has been designed by the youth for the youth. We believe in harnessing the potential of young people and breaking the barriers to African youth access to climate finance, to create innovative solutions that promote climate resilience to enable people positive adaptation journeys amidst the climate crisis.
- To be eligible, you must be between the ages of 18-35 years on the application deadline date to be considered.
- Also, please note that you must be from Africa in order to be considered. Migrant and displaced youth living in Africa or who were born in Africa are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If you are an individual or group without a registered organization, we recommend collaborating with a registered youth organization to submit your proposal.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, follow these steps:
- Fill out the online application form by providing detailed information about your project, its objectives, and its alignment with the fund’s criteria.
- Attach the required documents, including a project budget, implementation plan, and any additional supporting materials.
For More Information: