Application Deadline: 30th April 2019, 23:59 (GMT+3
Education and training remain among the bedrock of tools for human empowerment inclusive prosperity and progressive development. However, this powerful agency of education does not happen by chance. It has to be planned and strategized through adoption of innovative practices in education.
Current demographic trends in Africa have seen expansion of education systems without necessarily having the concurrent enhancement of productivity and efficiency particularly with regards to improved outcomes in quality and equity in learning opportunities. Appropriate platforms, frameworks, policies and programmes have to be developed and implemented to remedy this challenge.
Use must be made of every resource, indigenous, endogenous, international, new and emerging technologies to enhance the quality of education provision and learning outcomes. This must be done urgently in order that we achieve the goals we have set for ourselves in Agenda 2063 and SDGs, as unpacked in the Continental Education Strategy for Africa (CESA 16-25), whose mission is to “Reorient Africa’s education and training systems to meet the knowledge, competencies, skills innovation and creativity required to nurture African core values and promote sustainable development at the national, sub-regional and continental levels.
- AU is looking for a logo that captures the essence of Innovation in Education, in the context of Africa. Entries will be judged for the style, creativity and impact of a design that can be used easily on related materials;
- Prominent colors used in the design should be the same or similar to those used in AU Symbols (see https://au.int/en/about/symbols);
- The logo must be expressive and easy to understand and interpret;
- The format of the logo should be in encapsulated post script (.eps) format.
- Must be a citizen of an African Union Member State;
- The submission must be made by the original designer of the logo;
- Each individual must submit only one entry.
Submission Procedure and Guidelines
- Please submit your logo design and personal details at the link: www.edu-au.org/logo-contest
- You will need to provide a short description in no more than 250 words of how the design represents the subject.
- Deadline for submissions is 30th April 2019, 23:59 (GMT+3). Early submissions are encouraged.
Benefits for the winner
- 1000 US Dollars awarded at the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2019 to be held in Gaborone, Botswana;
- Certificate of Recognition signed by the Commissioner of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission.
The winner must surrender all rights to the design to the African Union Commission, who will be the sole owner of rights to the design.
Please send any enquiries concerning this call to [email protected].
For More Information: