Application Deadline: 31st March 2018
(A) IYF Promotion Activities:
• Give a presentation, remarks, and speeches at the country level.
• Liaison with the government and local authorities to promote IYF values, mission, and vision.
• Develop a proactive marketing strategy to ensure that all entities are aware of IYF activities with the support of Communications Officer and other country team members.
• Effectively engage in youth community activities, projects, and initiatives.
(B) Team Leadership:
IYF country team (IYFCT) comprises national volunteer officers (communications, youth, sport, women) that are responsible for facilitation of IYF activities at country level. The Representative is responsible for establishing and leading this team to serve as a cooperative and interactive unit. Team development and leadership is, therefore, an important component of the IYFCT.
(C) Coordination Duties:
• Actively engage in Fundraising Activities, through strategic partnerships and public engagement activities and initiatives.
• Coordinate member organizations/Associations accreditation at IYF, through assist in connecting youth organizations with IYF for registration.
• Liaison with donors – In close coordination with the Regional Director, the Representative will maintain close cooperation with the donor representatives in the country. She/he will work closely together to develop proposals and secure funding to ensure on-going IYF functions.
(D) Communications Duties:
• Maintain active communication among youth organizations and other interested agencies in at national level.
• Report youth achievements, success stories, youth progressing and related news to HQ press.
• Provide annual report about IYF country activities, stats, member organizations.
*Regional Monitor and evaluation process (RM&E):
• Strategic planning and creative thinking.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Drive for Results.
• Collaboration and Teamwork.
• Leadership, Advocacy, Engagement, and Influence.
• Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
• Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
• Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
• Only (18-38) age is accepted for this position.
• Be a citizen of the assigned country.
• Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
The application/nominations will be accepted from the following countries:
Skills Required For Position
• Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in youth empowerment role, development, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Read more details about the Terms of Reference (ToR) for the IYF Representative position via this link.