Application Deadline: Friday, 28 December 2018
Appy Hour presentation is open to attendees of the Women Deliver 2019 Conference including representatives from civil society organizations, private sector, academia, and research. All types of mobile applications are welcome so long as they are focused on improving the lives of girls and women.
To be considered for showcase at Appy Hour, you will be asked to provide brief descriptions on the following:
- The problem your app aims to solve
- How your app works, from a user-perspective
- Your target user group is and how many people would benefit
- An analysis of the current market and competitive landscape
Submissions must also adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be developed software applications that will advance progress for girls and women.
- Apps must be operable in English.
- Representatives of accepted submissions must not request prize money or reimbursement for travel or other conference expenses.
- Apps must be original and solely owned by the submitter or submitting organization.
- Apps must be fully operable, no prototypes, and available on an app store.
- Apps must be new, with less than three years on the market.
- Submissions must not violate the intellectual property or privacy rights of other parties.
- Representatives of accepted submissions must agree to attend the Women Deliver 2019 Conference to showcase app.
Appy Hour Evaluation
The selection of apps will be based on the following elements:
- Interface, functionality, and ease of use
- Scale and uniqueness of problem the app addresses
- Potential to change the world for girls and women
Appy Hour submissions will close on Friday, 28 December 2018.
- Submission Opens: Thursday, 15 November 2018
- Submission Deadline: Friday, 28 December 2018
- Selected Apps Announced: by February 2019
- Appy Hour: Tuesday, 5 June 2019
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Appy Hour at the Women Deliver 2019 Conference