Application Deadline: December 20th 2015
Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
In 2016 these bursaries will only be awarded to students studying at public universities in Gauteng; the University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand, UNISA, Vaal University of Technology, University of Pretoria and Tshwane University of technology.
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- be accepted to study at a university in Gauteng, South Africa in 2016, for a full-time programme. Applicants must be in their first year.
- be able to demonstrate academic merit
- be studying a course within one of the areas listed above
- be able to demonstrate financial need
- In 2016 the Thekgo group will select up to 4 applicants for awards of up to R7500 per student, towards their first year’s registration fees.
How to apply
- download the application form.
- Save a copy on your computer, and fill it in. You must return the form to Canon Collins by email, to [email protected], by Sunday 20th December, along with your supporting documents.
In addition to the application form you must send us the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of your ID/passport
- University admission letter
- Proof of financial need (e.g. payslips, three month bank statement and/or statement of oath made in front of a law official outlining your financial situation)
- Proof of having applied for the university’s bursary schemes (e.g. NSFAS)
- Certificates (Senior Certificate, degree or other certificates as applicable)
- Academic transcripts
For More Information: