Application Deadline: 9th August 2021.
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Tom Queba Memorial Fund invites applications for scholarships for Masters and Doctoral at South African universities in 2022. Canon Collins Trust will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years and an opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events.
Across all our scholarships, our scholars demonstrate the potential to drive change towards just and equitable civil societies. The overriding requirement of the scholarship is that the proposed study contributes directly to social and/or environmental development, and particularly to the betterment of lives and livelihoods of the poorest people in South Africa. We will award scholarships for social change within the following areas:
• Humanities and the Arts
• Sciences and Applied Sciences
- be a black South African female national, normally residing in South Africa
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a Masters or doctoral level at a South African university
- In 2022, the value of the scholarship package is R85,000.
- Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years.
- Canon Collins Trust support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- Canon Collins Trust also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
How to apply
Applications open on Wednesday 30th June 2021.
The deadline for applications is at 15:00 BST on Mon, 9th August 2021.
Late applications will not be considered.
For More Information: