Application Deadline: 28 February 2017,
In Conflict is an international open call for photographic works and projects, entry is open to all.
New manias collide nations and peoples in ever more forceful social and political conflictualities, with unforseen effects on personal and public behaviour.
Visible White is a photography prize founded in 2012 by Celeste Network and Fondazione Studio Marangoni to support international photographers and artists who engage, creatively, with what is moving personal, social and political issues today.
Jurors are looking for photographs which
- Deliver new angles of vision and understanding to the chosen theme
- Reflect contemporary ways in which images of people, ideas and places are created
- Show discipline and personal style
- Contain strong reference systems
- Use conceptual or descriptive interpretations to shed new light on the chosen theme
- Push the boundaries of the media
Prizes 5,000 €
2,500 € for the Best Project
1,500 € for the Runner-up Project
1,000 € for the Best Single Photo
- Laura Serani, chief curator of In Conflict, juror for World Press Photo Awards
- Selva Barni, founder and director of Fantom
- Andrés Duprat, director of Argentina Fine Arts Museum, Buenos Aires
- Brigitte Lardinois, director of the Photography and Archive Research, University of the Arts in London
- Elisa Medde, managing editor, Foam International Photography Magazine
- Moritz Neumüller, director of PG de Fotografía Artística Contemporánea all’IDEP, Barcellona
- Azu Nwagbogu, founder and director of the LagosPhoto Festival, Nigeria
- By 31st March 2017, 5 single photos and 10 finalist projects will be selected by the jury and announced online. Winners will be announced during the opening of the final exhibition in May 2017 at the Fondazione Studio Marangoni gallery in Florence.
- 20 € single photo, for additional single photos 15 €.
- 50 € project, (up to 10 single images), for additional projects 40 €.
A catalogue will be published which includes presentation of the finalist single photos and projects, images and texts by finalist photographers, as well as critical introductions by curator Laura Serani.
Visible White Photo Prize is a collaboration between Celeste Network and Fondazione Studio Marangoni.
For More Information: