Application Deadline: 29 February 2016.
Skin, 5th edition of Visible White Photo Prize 2016, is an open call for photographic works open to all photographers, artists and creatives, regardless of age, sex, experience, occupation or geographic location.
Tactile and visual, skin is a thin and sensitive layer of protection which is the physical and cultural diaphragm between the inside of the body and the outside world. The theme can be approached from different perspectives. Look at skin to reflect on issues of identity, gender, class, ethnicity, race, ecology, politics, and technology, by addressing desire, trauma, ego, torture, submission, multi-sensoriality, self-injury, tattoos, the different contours of sexuality, nanotechnology, implants, disease, contamination and contagion.
Visible White is a photography prize founded in 2012 by Celeste Network and Fondazione Studio Marangoni to support international photographers and artists who engage, creatively, with what is moving personal, social and political issues today.
Jurors are looking for photographs and projects which:
– Deliver new angles of vision and understanding to the chosen theme
– Reflect contemporary ways in which images of people, ideas and places are created
– Show discipline and personal style
– Contain strong reference systems
– Use conceptual or descriptive interpretations to shed new light on the chosen theme
– Push the boundaries of the media
Prizes: Total of 5,000 € Prizes:
- 2,500 € for the Best Project
- 1,500 € for the Runner-up Project
- 1,000 € for the Best Single Work
The three winners will be chosen by Nicoletta Leonardi, professor at Fine Arts Academy of Turin and Lucia Minunno, italian curator and art historian, during the opening of the final exhibition the 14 May 2016 at FSM Gallery in Florence.
For More Information: