Application Deadline: 20 March 2015, 11:59 PM GMT.
In the context of the Cartagena DataFest, the Human Development Report Office (HDRO) is organizing a data visualization competition based on its own human development data. The objective of this competition is to allow a broad cross-section of data users and artists to share with us their interpretation of human development data.
- Any individual can participate – there are no geographical or age restrictions.
- Any institution or organization wishing to put together an entry should do so in the name of one person.
- Additional contributors may be added to the description of the visualization.
- Please note that finalists will be subjected to normal travel regulations to Colombia, and may be required to procure a travel visa.
How to Participate:
Participants are encouraged to examine the following questions:
- How can the human development level of a country be best understood in one snapshot?
- How might we best compare the indicators and data for different countries, and their evolution over time, and what insight might that yield?
- How can you show the strengths of the different components that make up the indices for different countries, and how might that impact human-development focused policy in a country?
- How can inequalities between countries, groups and genders be best illustrated and how might this impact the level of human development of a country?
Participants may think outside the Human Development Data box and link to other data sources as well, whether they be from other organizations or from new or big data sources; keeping in mind that one component must be one of the Global Human Development datasets. For example, questions related to human security or civic engagement may be explored.
- Finalists will be announced in advance of the Cartagena Data Fest, at the beginning of April 2015 and finalists will be showcased in HDRO’s data visualization gallery.
- The finalists will be invited to the Cartagena Data Fest April 20 to 22 in Colombia where the awards ceremonies will be held
For More Information: