Application Deadline: November 10th 2016
The Centre UNESCO de Catalunya, in cooperation with UNESCO, offers a grant addressed to highly qualified postgraduate students to undertake an internship at the UNESCO Sector of Education in Paris.
Qualifications and requirements
The intern will be selected on a competitive basis. The following minimum qualifications are
● An advanced university degree in the field of social sciences, preferably on Education, Sociology, Political Science or Law.
● Experience in applying quantitative and qualitative methods to research.
● Strong organizational skills and ability to manage programmes autonomously.
● Proven capacity to undertake and produce high quality and policy oriented analytical
● Language skills: a high professional level of English and Catalan, both oral and written, is a must.
● Previous experience and interest in social change and citizen’s mobilization in the UNESCO’s areas of competence will be considered.
● Knowledge of French or other languages will be considered.
● Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
● Preferably, applicants must be born after 1976.
Policy analysis and drafting:
● Contribute to the analysis of education policies and to the policy review processes as per Member States’ requests.
● Undertake comparative policy research, under appropriate supervision and in the context of a wider team, including the drafting of reports and participation in international expert
meetings, particularly in the areas of school leadership, monitoring and assessment and governance in education, on the framework of the Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
● Contribute to the overall development of the Section’s Programme of Work.
● Identify leader experts and international networks.
● Assist to management of both the substantive and organizational aspects of projects to
ensure timely delivery of high quality outputs.
● Contribute to the organization of conferences, seminars and workshops organized and
co organized by the Sector.
● Establish and maintain professional contacts with other parts of UNESCO, research and
government institutions and individuals.
● Liaise with Centre UNESCO de Catalunya, notably relating to the collection and diffusion of information.
● Contribute to the facilitation of the Catalan participation to the UNESCO General
Conference, in cooperation with the Centre UNESCO de Catalunya.
Terms and funding
● The internship, which will begin in January 9th 2017, has a duration of twelve months,
subject to successful completion of a three months probationary period.
● The intern will join a project at the Sector of Education.
● The grant has been allocated the amount of €21,600 (€1,800 gross per month).
● The intern’s performance will be supervised by the UNESCO Chief of Education Policy and
followed up by the Centre UNESCO de Catalunya.
● By accepting the grant, the intern agrees that, during the stay at the UNESCO, 30% of
his/her time will have to be invested in the transfer and dissemination of knowledge in
Catalonia: periodical reports and participation in seminars held by the Centre UNESCO de
Applicants and deadlines
● The deadline for the submission of applications and documents finishes on November 10 th 2016. The applications and documents below indicated must be sent to: [email protected]
▪ Application form
▪ A CV showing that the applicant complies with the requirements above mentioned in
▪ Cover letter and the reasons for applying in English.
● The selected applicant will be notified on December 2nd 2016.
The Centre UNESCO de Catalunya’s Board will carry out a first selection of a group of applicants, which will be recommended to UNESCO. UNESCO Sector of Education will issue the final decision.
For More Information: