Application Deadline: October 31st 2017
The World Bank Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
- To be eligible for an Internship, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time).
- Successful candidates have usually completed their first year of graduate studies or are into their PhD programs.
- Fluency in English is required. Relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
- This Internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, and other related fields.
- The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
- Most positions are in Washington, DC; others are in country offices. They are a minimum of four weeks long.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
- Please complete the application within 45 minutes to avoid the system timeout.
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please do not enter any special characters (â-<>&#â etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Words.
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Statement of Interest
– Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
- Please make sure that the filenames of the documents that you are attaching do not contain any special characters, such as â-<>&#â etc. PDF files are the best files to upload.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
For More Information: