Application Deadline: 3rd July 2015
What: A 3 month technical bootcamp, 1 month of soft-skill training followed by 6 months of integrated learning in the workspace
The City of Joburg is sponsoring 1000 of our cities most ambitious youths to upskill their IT knowledge.
The City of Johannesburg is looking for 1 000 of its brightest young information technology (IT) minds to be part of a new digital intern programme.
The City of Joburg Educating Digital Interns (C.O.J.E.D.I) programme is set to award three successful applicants 10-month IT courses. They will be able to choose between courses on industry leading Network Engineering solutions, Website Design and Development, as well as Fibre Optic Development.
- The Challenge is open to the public and any person, between the ages including the age of 18 and 35.
- All applicants need to be resident of Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa, but need not necessarily be South African.
- All applicants must be in possession of a valid matric certificate with maths and science as subjects OR a 1 or 2 year diploma in Information technology or a related field.
- All applicants must choose one of three courses. Each course intake is subject to availability, upon one or more course being filled, applicants may have the opportunity to fall into one of the other course, availability permitting and at the discretion of the City of Johannesburg and or its appointed agents.
- Applicants may be eligible for a stipend, however this will be at the discretion of the City of Johannesburg and or its appointed agents.
- Those interested in applying for the internship will need to show just how ambitious they are by tweeting @CityofJoburgZA and using #COJEDI when tweeting any C.O.J.E.D.I content.
- They can also use Facebook to motivate why they should be the beneficiaries of the 10-month courses.
The internship programme’s competitive edge is to establish why each of the applicants is the best candidate to turn Joburg into a smart city of the future in the current digital space. It is a platform for the applicants to demonstrate their ambition, motivation, innovation and self-belief.
Those who will be selected for the programme will be sent an exclusive link to apply for the C.O.J.E.D.I programme. Successful candidates will be announced on the tweeter handle @COJ_JEDI.