Write an essay (2,000 words or less) related to the post-2015 global development agenda, in the context of the 70th anniversary of the United Nations, and the definition of new goals reflecting the imperative of global sustainable development that recognises, and is enriched by, cultural and linguistic diversity. You are encouraged to visit the website sustainabledevelopment.un.org for background material in this regard.
- Entries must be in an official language of the United Nations that is not your first language and was not your principal language of instruction during your primary or secondary education.
- To enter, you must be a full-time university student and must be 18 years of age or older by March 25, 2015.
- Your participation must be sponsored by a Faculty Member or Authorized Representative at the university you are currently attending.
- 70 Students will be selected as delegates to the 2015 United Nations Academic Impact Global Youth Forum where they will create plans of action related to the United Nations Post-2015 Global Development Agenda.
- The students will present these plans of action at United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
- Airfare, Room and Meals will be provided by ELS Educational Services, Inc.To participate:
These Winners will be invited to New York to participate in a series of events duringthe week of July 20-26, 2015. These events will include a Global Youth Forum on the sustainable development agenda in the context of multilingualism, cultural diversity and global citizenship at United Nations Headquarters, preceded by a preparatory students’ conference at Adelphi University sponsored and arranged by ELS Educational Services, Inc.
All Winners will be given certificates of participation by ELS, signifying they have participated in the Global Youth Forum arranged in cooperation with the United Nations Academic Impact andin celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the United Nations.
For More Information: