Application Deadline: February 15 2015
World Youth Foundation (“an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations”), will be hosting the International Workshop on Climate Change “Youth Action on Climate Change” tentatively scheduled to be held on 21st – 24th May 2015 at Melaka, Malaysia in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia, Malaysian National Commission for UNESCO, United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), Pembangunan Pertanian Melaka Sdn Bhd and various other agencies.
World Youth Foundation is based in Melaka, Malaysia and is headed by Hon. Senator Tan Sri (Dr.) Mohd Ali Rustam, Chairman of World Youth Foundation and is assisted by a Board of Trustees. The aim of the Foundation is to promote research, development and documentation of youth programmes beneficial to youth worldwide.
The International Workshop on Climate Change “Youth Action on Climate Change” will provide an opportunity for young people to discuss, understand, share, find solutions and develop strategies on issues pertaining to youth and climate change that can be implemented at country level.
Having taken into account the seventh Millennium Development Goal which is to ensure environmental sustainability and the outcome document for Rio+20 entitled “The Future We Want”, and the recently released UNSG Synthesis Report on Post 2015, the World Youth Foundation desires to enhance participation of youth through strengthening their voices, perspectives and contributions into this matter.
The four-day International Workshop will operate primarily in an interactive mode. During the four days, key issues relating to Climate Change will be presented by local and foreign speakers in the form of interactive lectures, case studies, video documentaries, skills sharing workshops, utilizing multi-media and informal discussions through active participation among participants. All selected participants are required to submit time-based Voluntary Pledges before the event. On the last day of the International Workshop participants will formulate a Youth Action Plan.
- Young people between the ages of 18 – 25 (however some flexibility will be exercised as the definition of youth varies from country to country);
- An official of the Ministry of Youth or a related government agency;
- Representatives of the private sector, the academic community, and civil society engaged in youth issues;
- Have a good understanding of the theme and the relevant policies in their respective countries;
- Proficient in English and able to do presentations in English, is a must;
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to solve problems through adaptability and flexibility;
- Motivated to improve the lives of others through their actions and work;
- Capable and willing to share experiences and resources with others in the community and contribute to the International Workshop on Climate Change “Youth Action on Climate Change” follow-up process;
- Willing and able to participate actively for the whole duration of the project;
- Geographical and gender balance will be respected.
Early Bird Registration (on / before 15th February 2015)
|Local Participants||– RM 300.00|
|International Students Staying in Malaysia||– RM 300.00|
|Local Group Application – 4 or more||– RM 250.00 each|
|International Participants||– USD 120.00 each|
|International Group Application – 4 or more||– USD 100.00 each|
Late Registration (after 15th February 2015)
|Local Participants||– RM 350.00|
|International Students Staying in Malaysia||– RM 350.00|
|Local Group Application for – 4 more||– RM 300.00 each|
|International Participants||– USD 150.00 each|
|International Group Application – 4 or more||– USD 120.00 each|
Discounted Fees of USD100.00 for Participants from Selected Countries:
Afghanistan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Ghana, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Russia, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
Air Travel Subsidy:
The Foundation regrets to inform you that there are no funds available for air travel subsidy. Hence participants are required to fund their own air-travel. The Foundation will provide accommodation, meals and local hospitality for the duration of the Workshop.
For More Information: