Application Deadline: Friday 30th August, 2019, 5:00PM.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Uganda office, invites politically interested and active young people to apply for the 2020 in-take of the Young Leaders Forum (YLF). The YLF is an initiative of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) whose aim is to contribute to the development of the political, social, economic knowledge and skills of young women and men and to motivate them to advocate for social justice and good governance in Uganda.
The programme comprises of eight mostly policy- or issue-based modules, each lasting two days which will take place between February and October 2020. The training sessions consisting of lectures, workshops and participatory interactions will be conducted by external experts. The training is fully funded by FES.
1. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Ugandan citizenship or proof of residency for non-citizens.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years.
- Have a minimum of “A” level education.
- Have proven commitment to public affairs, community involvement or advocacy.
2. Each application must be accompanied by:
- An updated and complete CV with three referees.
- Copies of A’ level certificate or its equivalent and any other academic transcripts if applicable.
- A letter of motivation for participation and future plans relating to the programme. (You should clearly state your expectations towards the programme and how you would use your acquired knowledge & skills to make an impact in society.)
3. Application Process
- Deadline for application (online and hard copy) is Friday 30th August, 2019, 5:00PM.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews
Successful candidates are expected to attend all the training sessions. After successful participation in the programme, participants will receive a certificate of attendance. Women and PWDs are strongly encouraged to apply.
Online Applications should be sent to [email protected] ( Attached as one PDF document). Applications in envelopes marked “FES – YLF intake IX” should be sent to: Plot 5B, Acacia Avenue, Kololo, P O Box 3860 Kampala, Uganda.
For More Information