Application Deadline: December 10, 2022
It is with great joy that Connect4Climate and Y2Y’s Global Youth Climate Network announce the opening of applications for the 2023 edition of the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program!
The example set by Max Thabiso Edkins, who was a climate champion par excellence and a world-renowned driver of youth-led climate action, continues to inspire young people to step up their ambition and pursue their visions of a sustainable future.
To honor Max’s legacy and continue his work empowering young climate leaders, Connect4Climate is partnering once again with the Global Youth Climate Network (GYCN), an initiative of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) community of young professionals at the World Bank Group, to launch the 2023 edition of the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program (MTECAP).
Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program (MTECAP).
The MTECAP is a six-month online program that catalyzes youth climate leadership by enabling participants to: connect with one another; learn from World Bank experts and GYCN and C4C knowledge partners; and take meaningful climate action both in their communities and globally. The program offers a mix of technical and hands-on sessions providing the young ambassadors with in-depth knowledge and understanding of climate change and the related challenges explored in the World Bank Group Climate Change Action Plan as well as guidance on how to creatively communicate their newfound knowledge for maximal impact.
By the conclusion of the program, each participant will be expected to have attended a predefined number of learning sessions and implemented three concrete climate actions in their community. All those who meet these criteria will graduate and receive a certificate of completion.
Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35, have strong conversational English language skills, and have reliable access to the internet. Beyond these foundational requirements, applicants will be evaluated on each of the following criteria:
- Past and current experience as a youth leader in communities at the local, regional, national, or global level. Demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Passion for climate solutions and sustainable development, and motivation to take action and empower others. We are looking for self-starters willing to take charge.
- Scale and strength of the applicant’s network and active presence on social media.
- The potential impact of the applicant’s proposed contributions to their communities and networks.
As a participant in the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program, you will be expected to Learn, Act, Network and Engage.
Learn: learn from World Bank Group experts and GYCN and C4C knowledge partners on the most pressing climate issues across various sectors, and gain solid leadership skills with which to inspire and empower others in your community.
Act: commit to achieving at least three climate actions in your community.
Network: connect with like-minded youth across the globe to learn, exchange ideas, develop joint initiatives and projects, and amplify your impact.
Engage: upon completion of the Program, join an active Global Alumni Community of Climate Ambassadors to help you continue your climate journey.
This ambassadorship is an awesome opportunity that comes with real responsibilities. In order to receive certificates of completion and be invited to join the Alumni Community, participants in the Program must:
- Commit ~3 hours per week to Program activities between February and August 2023.
- Attend the mandatory opening and closing sessions, weekly online learning sessions (at least ⅔ of the total number of sessions — we expect to offer eight or more), and creative communications and storytelling sessions offered by Connect4Climate.*
- Complete at least three climate-related actions in their communities and provide documentation thereof (photos, videos, online mentions, etc.) to GYCN.
- Participate in a dedicated Telegram channel where the GYCN team will share programmatic updates and opportunities from its partner network.
- Join networking sessions and actively participate in GYCN social media campaigns.
For More Information: