Application Deadline: 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 7, 2017.
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru,Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam
- Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth–provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible
for the DV-2019 program.
Requirement #2:Each DV applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DVprogram by having either:
at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education; OR
two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
- Applicants must submit entries for the DV-2019 program electronically at dvlottery.state.gov between noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), Tuesday, October 3, 2017, and noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5), Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays. No late entries or paper entries will be accepted.
- The law allows only one entry by or for each person during each registration period.
- The Department of State uses sophistica ted technology to detect multiple entries. Individuals with more than one entry will be disqualified.
For More Information: