The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading women in tech incubator, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership expertise. The programme is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with Strathmore University @iBizAfrica incubator.
The programme combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide Africa’s most competitive and attractive startup incubation program focusing immersive learning, mentorship, building and growing Africa’s next iconic startups taking on the continent’s most relevant challenges and opportunities.
We are seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds, women-lead startup teams leveraging on technology as a key driver of innovation in business.
The principle founder must:
- be a woman:
- 18 to 35 years of age
- of Kenyan nationality
What are the the programme thematic areas?
Applicants may submit applications across the following thematic areas:
- Mobile solutions
- Digital Banking
Who can apply?
Principal founders of women-lead teams from the general public, all schools, colleges and universities in Kenya.
- Must be Kenyan centric i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and aimed at mitigating these challenges
- Must be innovation driven, leveraging on technology and new business models across thematic areas i.e. Agribusiness, Education, IT/mobile solutions, Digital Banking, E-Commerce, E-Health and Fintech
- Must be women focused – entrants must be led by a woman with majority stake in the company
- Business model must have clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the sustainable development goals.
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users). Post revenue is an added advantage.
- Not received investment of more than KES. 500,000 and not participated in a similar program in the last 2 years.
- Three months incubation at Strathmore University’s leading tech incubator
- Mentorship from world class mentors
- Coaching by top business, technolgy and legal professionals
- Immersive, worldclass entrepreneurship cirriculum
- Networking and exposure to expand your business networks
- Membership to the Kenya Womein In Technology fellowship program and alumni network upon successful completion
- 10 teams will compete to secure seed funding and 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with go-to market and scale.
- 5 top teams will walk away with up to USD 10,000 or KES. 1 million seed grant funding to launch and grow their businesses!
For More Information: