Fellowship Date: 25 – 27 Mar 2016
Application Deadline: 1 Dec 2015
Eligibility Deadline: 14 Dec 2015
Peace Revolution’s Amandla East and Southern Africa Fellowship will bring together 50 participants from Eastern and Southern Africa region on a 4-day inner peace transformation journey. The fellowship shall provide an opportunity for participants to contribute to world peace through developing inner peace using meditation and self-development as foundation.
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, positive thinking and habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young people in these regions and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness.
- Provide a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 4 days intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- How to overcome fear and deal with terrorism
- Stress management and non-violent communication
- Self-discipline and Human Rights
- Leadership and the pillars for a Stable and peaceful Society
The fellowship in Malawi includes:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
To be eligible, applicants should:
- be African nationals residing in Eastern and Southern Africa (Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Djibouti, Comoros, Eretria, Ethiopia, Somalia, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudan, South Sudan, Botswana, Seychelles, Lesotho, Madagascar, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mauritius).
- be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support. Applicants above 32 years of age will have to pay their airfare to attend.
- have completed at least 21 days of the 42-day online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Those who can speak French will have an added advantage.
- be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- send a recommendation letter from their organizations/institutions.
- pay a commitment fee of 100USD before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union)
Selection criteria includes:
- Completion of at least 21 days of the online self-development programme.
- Show of interest in meditation and self-development
- Even distribution of participant from the legible countries
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to world peace
- Commitment to adhere to the program of activities during the duration of the fellowship
For More Information: