Application Deadline: November 15, 2016
FRW. 7,500,000 EACH UP FOR GRABS FOR 4 INNOVATIVE DIGITAL INITIATIVES!
Do you have a social enterprise that uses digital tools and technology to improve society and impact future generations? If yes, we want to hear from you! APPLY TODAY to the Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition.
The Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition will award 4 winners a financial award of Frw. 7,500,000 each and a place in a support program which includes professional coaching, and mentoring from our non-profit partner Reach for Change to help you develop your initiative. Women are encouraged to apply.
Get the organizational funding and coaching you need from our Incubator program, and see your idea transform lives through the guidance and assistance of Tigo advisors and experts from a global network.
Become a hero. Become a Digital Changemaker.
Digital Changemakers Selection Criteria
- Acknowledged by sector experts
- Strong understanding of the problem and the context around the problem
- Should fit one of the following themes:
- Digital Inclusion
- Financial Inclusion
- Create meaningful social impact
- Impact strategy should be in place
- System change strategy should be in place
- Uses mobile or digital technology at its core
- Must have a working prototype in place
- Must have been tested with potential users
- Must demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial acumen
- Must demonstrate that he/she is a “good fit” for support from Tigo and Reach for Change
- Must demonstrate that he/she is honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Must be to working full time on proposed solution
- Must be at an early growth phase
- Must have strong potential for Financial Sustainability
- Must have a strong team
- Must have robust operations
November 15, 2016
Decision on semi-finalists:
November 23, 2016
Concept Development Workshop (for semi-finalists):
Between November 23 – 28, 2016
November 29, 2016
Jury (for finalists):
November 30, 2016
For More Information: