Application Deadline: March 7, 2014
The U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) launched its Sudanese & South Sudanese Youth Leaders program in 2013. The program brings Sudanese and South Sudanese youth leaders to Washington D.C. to be in residence at USIP for approximately four months.
The program is designed to contribute to their leadership development by giving them opportunities to gain knowledge, skills, and the confidence that youth leaders can leverage upon their return to Sudan or South Sudan.
In order to be eligible to participate in the program, candidates must:
- Be of Sudanese nationality and living in Sudan at the time of application
- Be 35 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Be fluent in English
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated leadership skills
- Possess a willingness to participate and learn within and beyond the walls of USIP
By the end of their time at USIP, youth leaders will be expected to:
- Gain at least two certificates demonstrating successful completion of USIP Academy courses,
- Produce at least one publishable product on a research topic of their choice, and
- Develop a Leadership Action Plan for leveraging their new knowledge, skills, and confidence as leaders in Sudan or South Sudan.
All finalists will be notified by email by April 14, 2014.
How to Apply
All applications and inquiries should be sent to [email protected].
For More Information: