Application Deadline: March 31st 2014
The Graduate Research Program Climate Change and Agriculture, lead by IPR/IFRA of Katibougou, in partnership with the University of Bamako, Mali, is looking for applicants to its 3 1/2-year doctoral training program for the academic year 2014-2015.
The program provides a full scholarship to successful candidates from WASCAL member countries (Bénin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sénégal, and Togo).
WASCAL is an initiative of the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to help West African countries to tackle the challenges of CC adaptation through capacity building and scientific research.
The activities of the WASCAL Graduate Research Program (GRP) are set up and managed based on a partnership between 10 West African countries and German universities and research institutes. CC and Agriculture (CC&Agric) is one of the six PhD programs initiated within this framework.
The entry requirements into the program are the following:
- Candidates must be from the WASCAL countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, The Gambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and Togo);
- Candidates must not be more than 40 years;
- Candidates must have a Master’s Degree, or its equivalent in Soil Science, Crop Science, Agro-forestry, Forestry, Animal Science, IPM or other relevant disciplines, with at least an average of 60 % (Second Upper Class, Assez Bien);
- Experience with modeling routines or GIS would be an advantage but not a prerequisite;
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Each student will receive a stipend of € 500.00 per month (€350.00 during the pre-course language preparations) to cover accommodation and other expenses for his study period.
- The student may travel to Germany once during the course of the PhD fellowship period to work with scientists at German universities or research centers.
- Airfare will be paid for by the project and a monthly stipend of about €1000.00 will also be provided for each month spent in Germany.
Application Procedure and Contact
Candidates may apply directly to the GRP CC&Agric by submitting all information requested via e-mail to Prof. Amoro Coulibaly,
For More Information: