Application Deadline:September 4th 2017
Red Bull Music Academy heads to Berlin next year, and is now inviting music makers worldwide to apply to take part. The 2018 edition will mark 20 years of traveling the globe, celebrating the stories behind the music that moves us.
Every Academy is a world of its own, offering new insights and perspectives on sound. 60 up-and-coming musicians are selected for each edition of the Academy, where they hear lectures from artists who have shaped music history, exchange knowledge in all-night studio sessions and collaborate with their peers from around the globe.
At the same time, the Academy programs a month-long festival of public concerts and club nights across the city. It all makes for a place where influential musicians meet a new generation, in a setting where both sides can learn from each other and celebrate music’s past, present and future.
- The Academy is intended for anyone with a love for music and a desire to be involved in its evolution. Whether you’re a producer, vocalist, instrumentalist, beat-maker, engineer, songwriter or DJ, you will be considered.
- To join academy on this journey, you don’t need to be able to list the entire No Limit catalog backwards, or know how to disassemble an SP-1200 using only a coin and a toothpick. What we’re looking for is a passion for learning and sharing, enthusiasm for music across genres, and a truly global, open-minded outlook.
- The workshops and sessions are free, and open only to selected participants.
- The Red Bull Music Academy also covers flights and accommodation costs.
- The Academy doesn’t give out certificates or sponsor artists. It’s not about getting discovered by a record label, or learning “how to make it” in the industry.
If you too are driven by music in all that you do, the Academy is for you. Producers, vocalists, instrumentalists, songwriters and DJs of all genres and experience levels will be considered. If selected, you would need to be free to join either Term 1 (September 8 – 21, 2018) or Term 2 (September 29 – October 12, 2018).
For More Information: