Application Deadline: July 31st 2021
Close-Up creates Co-Production opportunities for filmmakers from different regions, and strengthens these significant ties. Documentary filmmakers from the MENA and Europe are dealing with similar quests in their films, questions of identity, discrimination of minorities, gender issues, immigration and the tension that exist between the West and East. Our filmmakers are challenging us to look carefully at our own prejudice, they make us look at the complexities of our societies from a genuine perspective as they are recreating an important narrative with their unique observations.
Co-Productions between filmmakers from different regions will increase cultural diversity on urgent current global topics and create professional collaborations that will assist filmmakers secure additional funding. Filmmakers has a great need for sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of the international marketplace for documentaries.
This will considerably improve our filmmaker’s prospects of attracting finance for their projects and help them maximize the revenues from their productions.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey & United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Yemen.
- Workshops and tutorial sessions will be held in English, so the participants must be able to communicate in this language.
- Submitted Projects must have an international relevancy.
- The selected filmmakers should be ready to collaborate during the program with an international Co-Producer.
- Participants will have to participate in a full series of three workshops within 9 months.
- The project submitted may be in a stage of development, pre-production or production.
- Applicant may act as a director-producer of a project.
- Eligible are filmmakers at early to mid career, who have made at least one film.
Applications must be submitted in English
For additional information contact us at: [email protected]
For More Information: