Deadline : 14th July 2014
WHAT: 5th Training Course for Youth Leaders of the African Diaspora Living in Europe
When: 21-28 September 2014
Where: Mollina, Spain
The objective of the Youth Co-operation Programme of the Centre in terms of youth is to provide training and capacity building for young people and youth organizations as well as to facilitate their participation in decision and policy making, in the framework of quadrilogue initiatives.
The fifth Training Course will be organized by the North – South Centre of the Council of Europe in co-operation with the African Diaspora Youth Network in Europe (ADYNE). The Course will be organised in the framework of the 15 th University on Youth and Development , from the 2 1 st to the 2 8th September 2014.
- Should be from African origin or working/interested to work directly with the African diaspora youth community, playing an active role within a youth organisation, network or service at local, national or regional level, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- Aged between 18 and 30;
- Have already some qualification or experience in terms of international youth work and project management;
- Be committed to attend the full duration of the course and be supported by a youth organisation or service;
- Be able to present the context of their work, their way of tackling problems, the challenges they meet and identify;
- Be able to work and communicate in English.
The Youth Co-operation Programme is composed by 3 main dimensions :
- A Euro Arab and Mediterranean dimension that in cludes a new capacity- building programme that it is being developed in 2014 focused on “Structured Participation in Democratic Processes”. A first pilot training activity will take place in the 2nd edition of the Mediterranean University on Youth and Global Citizenship.
- The Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship that gathers the different Universities in a coherent and articulated system and brings together relevant youth organisations and institutions working in regional co-operation processes, global education and global youth work. A 15th edition of the University on Youth and Development will be organized in Mollina, Spain (21- 28 September 2014).
- The Africa-Europe Youth Co-operation activities in the framework of the “Joint Management Agreement” signed with the European Commission in November 2008 and renewed until 2015. This agreement includes the organisation of training activities, an Online Resource Centre (www.aeyco.com) a Seed Funding grant and the meetings of the Africa-Europe Youth Platform
During the course participants will develop competences to strengthen the role they play with regard to Euro- African Co-operation and to develop the capacity of their organisations as civil society actors. Participants will exchange e experiences and strategies to empower the youth community of Africans Living in Europe and to empower also actions developed from a local level to achieve the global goals involved within the Euro-African co-operation framework.
- The North-South Centre will do its best to fully cover the international travel costs of all the participants. Selected participants will receive an invitation to parti cipate from the North- South Centre in which the conditions for travel reimbursement will be outlined.
- Local transfers between Malaga Airport and Antequera-Santa Ana/Bobadilla train stations will be organised by the partners of the 15th University on Youth and Development. Board and lodging will be assured in CEULAJ by the organisers for the entire duration of the course (including breakfast, lunch, dinner and two daily coffee-breaks).
- Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms.
- It is expected that participants/background organisation support the expenses related with local transports in the home country and transit
- The Course will have a participation fee of 25€ (twenty-five euros), which will be paid during the Course.
Deadline for Applications
- All candidates fulfilling the criteria and interested to participate should send the enclosed application form to [email protected] by the 14th July 2014.