Application Deadline: 6th June 2016
The MasterCard Foundation Clients at the Centre Prize 2016 is looking for the world’s most impactful and sustainable financial services provider that puts “clients at the centre” of its thinking and operations for the benefit of poor people in developing countries. The Prize consists of a US$150,000 award to expand or reinforce client-centric practices within the winning organisation.
In 2015, three finalist firms were invited to present their proposals in front of peers and leading industry professionals at The 2015 MasterCard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion in Cape Town, South Africa. The finalists were able to showcase their work in front of an influential international audience.
- Eligible organisations must provide access to financial products and services, such as loans, savings, insurance, etc. The organisations could include: direct providers such as banks, microfinance institutions, and cooperatives, mobile network operators, as well as indirect providers such as leasing companies, agricultural input suppliers, and technology companies who offer innovative solutions to direct providers.
- In applications from this latter type of organisation, the partner(s) (i.e. a direct provider of financial services) must also be included in the application.
- Applicants must demonstrate a tangible impact on low-income populations that can be measured and reported.
Applicants do not need to be registered or incorporated in one of the listed developing countries, but they must already operate and serve low-income populations in one ofthose countries. The application to the Prize must also describe how the organisation focuses its operations in these countries.
Applications that target poor communities in developed countries are not eligible.
Only organisations, not individuals,are eligible to apply for the Prize.
Government ministries, departments or agencies are not eligible to apply for the Prize
- Applicant organisations that entered the 2015 Prize competition are eligible to enter again. In addition, partners of The MasterCard Foundation are eligible to apply for the Prize
- The deadline to complete and submit an application is June 06, 2016 at 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time. No applications will be accepted after this time.
- The announcement of finalists who will be invited to present their proposal for the US $150,000 award at The MasterCard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion will be made in September, 2016.
- The 2016 MasterCard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion will take place on October 20-21, 2016 in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Flights and accommodation for the invited finalists will be paid for by The MasterCard Foundation.
For More Information: