Application Deadline: August 31st 2020
The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks. The 2020 Award focuses on how science can help insurers deal with extreme weather and climate risks.
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- you are an individual author
- you submit only one research
- you are a PhD student or a postdoctoral researcher (recent PhD graduates and
postdoctoral graduates can also apply if the defence of final research to obtain title is
not more than two years at the time of the application)
- if you are selected as Finalist, you must attend the Award Event in Munich and present
your work in person.
PhD students who are in the final stages of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply. We welcome individual applications from the fields of natural and social sciences.
- Four finalists will receive a monetary award and will be invited to an Award ceremony at Allianz Headquarters in Munich on the 27-28th of October 2020 to present their findings and take part in an interactive discussion with renowned experts from both industry and academia.
During the event, the four finalists receive:
- Monetary award:
EUR 7.000 First finalist
EUR 5.000 Second finalist
EUR 3.000 Third finalist
EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
As part of the application process, applicants must submit a two-page non-technical essay based on their research. Allianz will publish the ten best essays in a compendium.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020
[…] en 2017, le Prix Allianz de recherche sur les risques climatiques reconnaît et récompense les jeunes scientifiques dont les travaux mettent en lumière le lien […]