Submission Deadline: May 31st 2016
Skills are qualities that can be acquired or developed. Born out of motivation, experience or hard work, skills can make people grow and thereby strengthen families and communities at large.
The Embassy of Sweden calls for photo interpretations of skills. It can be a life skill, a rare skill, an attitude, a tool, a person or any other symbol the word. Interpretations can be artistic, documentary, commercial, funny, sincere, angry or any other style of expression.
Sweden and Botswana have long standing relations, dating back to Botswana’s independence in 1966. After Botswana gained independence, Sweden became a strong development partner working to reduce poverty and to build the skills and capacities that today form part of Botswana’s democratic structures. As Botswana celebrates 50 years of independence this year, Sweden and Botswana form an equal partnership, building on mutual interests and shared responsibilities for continued social and economic growth.
- Send your digital photographs to [email protected] The resolution should be at least 2 mb at 300dpi.
- Attach a personal letter describing yourself, your entries and include your full contact details.
- Up to ten entries are allowed per photographer. The competition is open until 31 May 2016
- The contest is open to all citizens of Botswana. You do not need to be a professional photographer to enter.
Selection of winner & finalists:
- Winner and finalists will be named by a jury of dignitaries representing Botswana and Sweden, appointed by the Embassy of Sweden.
- Each member of the jury will vote for their favourite, second and third choice in a closed ballot. Should there be a tie the Ambassador of Sweden to Botswana will have the swing vote. The decision of the jury cannot be overruled.
- The number of finalists will be at the discretion of the Embassy of Sweden and depend on the general curation of the entries, size of the photo exhibition and possible publication.
- Members of the jury are not allowed to participate in the contest.
Awards & exhibition:
- The winner will receive a trip to Sweden, with a chance to capture and interpret Sweden and skills in a Swedish context, through Botswanan eyes. The trip will be 5- 7 days long and be organized in the second half of 2016.
- The work of the winner and finalists will be exhibited in an art photo exhibit, hosted by the Embassy of Sweden. The work of the winner and finalists will be shown in a number of places and contexts, both physical and digital.
For More Information: