Application Deadline: August 21st 2015
Do you have an idea or initiative that uses digital technology to improve society and future generations?
Apply to become a Tigo Digital Changemaker!
Tigo is looking for early stage, social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas for children that use digital solutions.
Are you a social entrepreneur who is working to improve community and the lives of children in a big way? Are you using digital tools and technology* to scale and grow your impact? Do you have a strong desire to promote children’s rights, an innovative idea to change the world for children, and the passion and the drive to create this change? Let’s make it happen together!
The idea must:
- Be innovative, creative, and fresh
- Be early-stage or ready to grow
- Be something doable, clear & focussed
- Have potential for great social impact for children and society
- Have potential to be system changing
- Be scalable in order to reach many children
- Have a sustainable financing plan
- Use or have the potential to use mobile, broadband, digital and/or information technology as part of the solution, to scale the impact, or to improve the quality of the impact
- Promote connectivity and access to communication
Individuals we are looking for must:
- Have entrepreneurial skills
- Have leadership skills
- Have a passion for social change
- Be the leader of the organisation established to deliver the idea
- If selected you will receive financial support, beginning with seed funding of Rwf 14 Million for one year, as well as coaching from experienced business people to help you turn your idea into a sustainable venture.
- The Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition awards 2 winners a cash prize of $20,000 each and a place in a support program which includes professional coaching, and mentoring from Tigo and our non-profit partner Reach for Change to help you develop your initiative.
August 21st 2015
Decision on semi-finalists
September 11th 2015 (preliminary date)
Concept development workshop (for semi-finalists)
Between September 11th and November 6th 2015
Between November 2nd-6th 2015
Jury (for finalists)
For More Information: