Application Deadline: February 25th 2014
Are you a young Rwandan social innovator in the IT sector and passionate about finding solutions to pressing development issues?
Do you know how to develop mobile applications?
Do you have an innovative business idea that would benefit your society or community?
Then apply for the YouthConnekt Mobile Apps for Human Development challenge!
- YouthConnekt is a platform that connects innovative youth with leaders from the public, private and financial sectors to forge new partnerships for the future.
- It connects young people to role models, resources, knowledge & skills development, as well as employment opportunities that enable them to participate in shaping the future of Rwanda.
- The Challenge has the unique aim of encouraging youth participation in innovation and apps development through entrepreneurship promotion.
- The Challenge is expected to help entrepreneurs grow businesses – efficiently and effectively. By providing the winners with seed funding for their successful proposals,
The challenge consists in presenting an idea that could be used by the community using mobile technologies in the following thematic areas:
You must be:
– Between ages 18 and 35
– Rwandan Nationality
– Have not been in business or have a registered business for a year or less
– Available for Google Hangout session on March 4th at MYICT
1st Prize: USD 6,000
2nd Prize: USD 3,000
3rd Prize: USD 1,500
4th Prize: USD 1,000
5th Prize: USD 1,000
In addition to the cash prize, the first place winner will receive business training and mentoring from successful entrepreneurs throughout the initial phase of their start-up.