Application Deadline: 15 March, 2016, (23:59 of Central European Summer Time)
Have you recently written an economics paper that you would like to share with a wider audience? Perhaps you study or have studied math, physics or engineering, but your work has implications for economics. Submit your paper to our competition and present your ideas! Get feedback from leading economic scholars and gain ideas and contacts for your future research.
This is the third annual New Economic Talent Competition, the Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education – Economics Institute (CERGE-EI) invites university students to submit their papers.
- The competition is open to current bachelor’s and master’s students (full-time or part-time) or bachelor’s and master’s graduates (up to one year after graduation) in any field, who are interested in contemporary economic issues and wish to better understand the forces and processes that ‘shape the world’.
Number of rounds: 2
First round: electronic submission of a completed paper (20 to 60 pages; 36,000-108,000 characters including spaces) and an extended abstract (1-2 pages; 1,800-3,600 characters including spaces)
First round results: within 5 weeks after the deadline
Second round: presentation at CERGE-EI, Prague (up to 5 finalists), 25 May, 2016
Criteria of evaluation: originality, substance, analytical nature, clarity of writing
How to Submit Your Paper:
- Prepare the documents.
- Format: please submit in MS Word or similar text editor files only (not PDFs).
- Length of the paper must be between 20 and 60 pages (36,000—108,000 characters including spaces) in total, including the text body, footnotes, charts, graphs, and bibliography (charts or graphs included as images count as 900 characters). The length of the abstract must be between 1 and 2 pages (1,800 and 3,600 characters including spaces). The extended abstract does not count toward the page limit of the paper. All texts must be written in English and should not include your personal and contact details.
- Submit the online registration form.
- Send the paper and its extended abstract to email@example.com. Please try to limit its size to 3 MB.
For More Information: