Application Deadline: October 21st 2014
The Global Student Challenge offers EUR 20,000 in cash prizes, internships at major corporations and the top 20 national teams will be invited to the Grand Final in Netherlands
The Global Student Challenge is introduced by the Supply Chain Finance Community to create awareness on- and stimulate development in the topic of Supply Chain Finance. This challenge aims at identifying the best student talents and connecting them to the corporate sector.
The Global Student Challenge aims to stimulate and improve the interaction between the corporate/banking sector and knowledge institutions.
- The challenge is based on The Cool Connection, a simulation specifically designed around the physical and financial supply chain.
- The aim is to bring together a great number of universities and companies worldwide via this student challenge, identify top talents around the world and connect them to the corporate sector.
- The Cool Connection is an innovative web-based business simulation. It engages participants in making strategic decisions in the management of a manufacturing company of personal care products.
- Working in teams of four, participants will represent the functional roles of sales, purchasing, supply chain and finance.
The Contest prizes per team
The National Winners participating to the Grand Finale will have the chance to be enrolled into International Internships with the major sponsors of The Contest.
How to participate in the Global Student Challenge?
In order to participate, you need to form a team of four full-time students in your final or pre-final year of studies and approach a professor at your school. The professor needs to endorse your team for the Challenge.
National Rounds (Qualification)
Professors may decide on the selection criteria for the 2 representing teams (academic performance of the team members or a competition at university/ national level). From June 2 to October 21 in which endorsed student teams have the opportunity to qualify for the Global Rounds (Competition).
Global Rounds (Competition)
From November 3 to December 15 in which qualified student teams compete in 3 competition rounds monitored by SCFC & TCC
TOP 20 national winners together with their professors will be invited for a full week of Supply Chain Finance experience in The Netherlands
- 2014 Apr : Open pre-registrations
- 2014 June : Start Qualification
- 2014 October 21: End Qualification
- 2014 October : Start Global Competition in 3 rounds
- 2014 Dec : Announce the TOP teams and National Winners of which TOP20 will be invited to Grand Finale
- 2015 Apr 6 -10: Grand Finale in The Netherlands
For More Information: