Application Deadline: December 18, 2015.
Win US$1,000,000. Compete in the planet’s largest student competition to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
2016 Hult Prize Challenge: Crowded Urban Spaces
Building sustainable, scalable and fast-growing social enterprises that double the income of $10 million people residing in crowded urban spaces, by better connecting people, goods, services and capital.
The Hult Prize Foundation is a start-up accelerator for budding young social entrepreneurs emerging from the world’s universities. Named as one of the top five ideas changing the world by President Bill Clinton and TIME Magazine, the annual competition for the Hult Prize aims to create and launch the most compelling social business ideas—start-up enterprises that tackle grave issues faced by billions of people. Winners receive USD1 Million in seed capital, as well as mentorship and advice from the international business community.
The Hult Prize is offered in partnership with Former US President Bill Clinton and the Clinton Global Initiative. It is hosted and supported by Hult International Business School. And it is generously funded by Swedish entrepreneur Bertil Hult and his family. It has been called the « Nobel Prize for Students » by media outlets world-wide.
Participating annually are thousands of students from 130 countries, representing over 600 institutions of higher education
- Open to universities, colleges and students on every continent.
- Each year, a critical social problem is selected by President Bill Clinton and a challenge issued.
- Teams of 3-4 students are challenged to develop a custom tailored innovative start-up enterprise to eradicate the problem.
- Access to Education. Clean water. Affordable housing. Clean energy. Solar Power. Food insecurity. Healthcare. These are a few of the issues competitors have tackled since the competition’s inception.
- The 2016 Hult Prize Challenge as selected by President Bill Clinton is Crowded Urban Spaces. Participants will look for ways to leverage connectivity to make life for the dwellers of these spaces better. Focus will be placed on doubling income through specifically better connecting the residents of these spaces to products, people, services and capital.
- Regional Rounds of competition will be held in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai on March 11-12, 2016.
- How will you change the world with US$1,000,000 in seed capital?
Compete Now for the 2016 Hult Prize Challenge for Social Enterprise
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Hult Prize Challenge for Social Enterprise
[…] The 2017 Hult Prize “President’s Challenge” is “Refugees – Reawakening Human Potential” and will focus on restoring the rights and dignity of people and societies who may be, or are forced into motion due to social injustices, politics, economic pressures, climate change and war. Hult Prize will also work to restore the rights and dignity of those currently living in informal / illegal settlements. […]