Application Deadline: March 3rd 2017.
UONGOZI Institute is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the year 2016-17.
UONGOZI Institute has made funding available to support research on sustainable development in Africa. These research grants aim to support the Institute’s efforts to conduct research where researchers, both local and international study the planning, implementation and impacts of specific decisions, policies, and processes that may influence the sustainability and sustainable development of Africa.
The approach will generate information and knowledge to aid the socio-economic transformation for inclusive growth and development of Africa, particularly to contribute to policy formulation. Support is provided to short term studies (up to six months) in areas that are relevant to UONGOZI Institute’s Sustainable Development Programme.
The following are sample research topics that may be considered, but are not prescriptive:
- To what extent is Africa’s industrialisation green?
- What sectors in Africa are better placed for a green industrialisation? What are the factors that make these sectors better placed compared to others?
- What are Africa’s options for greening industries and pursuing green industrialisation?
- What are the likely impacts (challenges and opportunities) of pursing green industrialisation in Africa?
- Grants are open to researchers based in African institutions, and internationally, that partner with African researchers.
- Applicants should have a Research Degree (Master’s based on research, MPhil) or PhD with not less than five years of post-degree experience.
- Applicants are expected to hold demonstrable writing skills and expertise relevant to the research theme.
Proposals should include a short background and problem statement, research questions, literature review, extensive indication of methodology, budget (ceiling of 30,000 US Dollars) and timeline.
Proposals that contain clear methodological designs are highly preferred.
Together with the proposal, short CVs of a maximum of two (2) pages, of researchers in the study are required indicating professional affiliations, relevant expertise, publications and post degree certificates.
- The call for research proposals will remain open until March 3rd, 2017.
- Completed research proposals should be submitted as e-mail attachments to UONGOZI Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: