Application Deadline: 21st November 2016.
Are you a social entrepreneur who is working to improve the lives of communities and create impact for future generations in a big way? Are you using digital tools and technology to scale and grow your impact? Do you have an innovative initiative that can change the world and the passion and the drive to create this change? Let’s make it happen together!
The Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition awards 2 winners a cash prize of $20,000 each and a place in a support program which includes professional coaching, and mentoring from Tigo and our non-profit partner Reach for Change to help you develop your initiative into a sustainable enterprise. Tigo encourage social entrepreneurs with digital innovations in education, digital inclusion and business entrepreneurship to apply.
The use of digital technological solutions can be demonstrated in one or more of the following ways:
Reach for Change/TIGO especially look for social enterprises that:
– Have a working prototype in place. By this we mean the technical core functionalities of the product have been developed with main features already functional. Going live will be possible within 6 months.
– Fit into either one of the following themes: Digital Inclusion, Education and Business Entrepreneurship:
Digital Inclusion means incorporating information technologies into the community; digital inclusion projects that aim to provide individuals and communities access to information and communication technologies (ICT).
Education means to acquire general knowledge to be able to lead a life. When we refer to education we think about ‘classical education’ – look at providing access to primary, secondary and tertiary education for children, caregivers and communities.
Business Entrepreneurship means to provide support & information to individuals (entrepreneurs) who are starting, maintaining and/or seeking to boost their small to medium-sized business. Is includes empowering women entrepreneurs helping to lift families out of poverty.
Digital Changemakers Selection Criteria
- Acknowledged by sector experts
- Strong understanding of the problem and the context around the problem
- Should fit one of the following themes:
- Digital Inclusion
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Create meaningful social impact for children
- Impact strategy should be in place
- System change strategy should be in place
- Uses mobile or digital technology at its core
- Must have a working prototype in place
- Must have been tested with potential users
- Must demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial acumen
- Must demonstrate that he/she is a “good fit” for support from Tigo and Reach for Change
- Must demonstrate that he/she is honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Must be to working full time on proposed solution
- Must be at an early growth phase
- Must have strong potential for Financial Sustainability
- Must have a strong team
- Must have robust operations
– Will have a great social impact –provide genuine solutions to problems faced by society and have the potential to improve lives directly or indirectly, especially the lives of children.
– Are scalable – have the potential to change the lives of many people nationally, regionally or even globally.
– Can be financially sustainable – the social enterprise and business model is financially self-sustainable.
– Can be system-changing – social enterprises that can solve society’s issues in a big way and in the long term
Get the organizational funding and coaching you need from our Incubator program to develop and scale your digital innovation to transform Tanzanian lives!
18th October – 21st November 2016
- Pitch and Business Plan application opens
22nd – 24th November 2016
- Preliminary screening
28th – 30th November 2016
- Co-Workers reading
5th – 6th December 2016
- Pitch day
7th – 9th December 2016 (Semi-finals)
- Concept Development Workshop
- Expert Review
- Background Review
- Interview Panel
13th December 2016
- Jury meeting and Winner announcement
January – December 2017
- Incubator period
For More Information: