Application Deadline: September 30th 2015
The primary objective of the Internship Program at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is to deepen the Bank’s efforts to advance development within its regional member countries (RMC) through capacity building activities.
The Program aims at providing candidates with the opportunity to acquire and develop the ability to work in an international environment, provide the Bank a pool of potential candidates in the future and enhance the visibility of the Bank and its development activities.
In 2016, the Bank is planning to recruit 60 interns. The following are the minimum requirements
- Aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- Apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from the University / Professional institution school confirming the enrollment for the current Program.
- Citizen of a regional or non-regional member country of the African Development Bank.
- Applicants must be fluent in, at least, one of the Banks’s working languages (English or French).
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Economy: Development Research; Statistics;
- Operations I: Procurement & Fiduciary Services, Fragile States situations;
- Operations II: Agriculture & Agro Industry; Human Development; Governance; Water & Sanitation, Natural Resource Management;
- Operations III: Energy, Environment & Climate Change; Transport & ICT; Private Sector; Regional Integration and Trade;
- Strategy & Operational Policies;
- Results & Quality Assurance;
- Finance; Budget; Treasury; Resource Mobilization; Risk Management
- General/Business Administration;
- Human Resources Management;
- IT Services; IT Engineers; Security; IT Security;
- Protocol Services ; Langage Services;
- Communication & External Relations;
- Corporate Lawyers;
- Translation / Interpretation.
How to Apply:
Please note that application for admission to the AfDB Internship Program is an online process. If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
For More Information: