Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks.
This (paid) internship is a fantastic opportunity for Engineering/ICT/Telecoms students to get work experience at a major SA mobile operator.
You will have the opportunity to understand how the mobile operator’s radio network functions and get exposure to the technology that makes mobile calls happen.
You primary role will be to collect the mobile operator’s radio network data whilst ensuring the data is sound and accurately represents the mobile operator’s assets.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Completed Engineering Degree e.g. B.Sc.
- Third and fourth year students will also be considered
- Computer literate
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Email)
- Attention to detail
- Able to think logically
- Able to plan & organize
- Able to follow processes & procedures
- Able to think out the box
- Able to work with moderate supervision
- Verbal and written fluency in English
Additional Requirements, Region/Local Specifications:
- Available full time for 2 to 3 months from mid-December 2015 to March 2016
- Formal training will be provided
- Must be a South African citizen
- Location: Durban/KZN